We offer the Master's Captain License classes at several New Jersey Locations, and in Miami, Florida location
The 25/50/100 Ton Master Captains License allows you to perform the duties of an OUPV/Charter Boat Captain and also operate Inspected Passenger Vessels that are approved to carry seven or more passengers. In order to carry seven or more passengers "under sail" a Sailing Endorsement is also required. The Master Captains License is the highest level license that you can acquire. This license allows you to operate inspected vessels (7 passengers or more - like a water taxi or dive boat, or uninspected vessels.
This license is given in increments up to 100 tons depending on your boating experience, and can be issued as a 25, 50, or 100 ton license. The USCG does not require that you get a Six-Pack License before you get your Master Captains License, so if you qualify, you can skip the Six-Pack and go straight to your Master Captains License.
There are two additional endorsements that can be added to your license.
- Towing Endorsement: May be issued to those who would like to "commercially assist for a fee" other vessels that may be aground, disabled or out of fuel.
- Auxiliary Sailing Endorsement: This endorsement authorizes the holder to operate inspected sail or auxiliary sailing vessels within the scope and limitations of their license.
This Master Captains License 25, 50 or 100 Ton course is USCG approved course is designed for those pursuing a professional career in commercial boat operations and recreational boaters looking to increase their knowledge.
Course Subjects Include:
- Navigational Rules of the Road
- Aids to Navigation
- Electronic Navigation
- Characteristics of Weather Systems
- Lifesaving Equipment & Safety
- Basic Seamanship Skills
- Tides and Currents
- Marine Radio Operation
- Pollution Prevention
- Vessel Handling Skills
- Emergency Procedures